If the situation is urgent
If you believe the situation presents a hazard or requires immediate attention please ring us on 0800 732 732. Somebody will be available to talk to you, 24-7.
Our Southland district is beautiful and we want to keep it that way by containing our waste, minimising it and managing disposal.
Illegal dumping costs us all!
What is illegal dumping?
Illegal dumping is the discarding of any waste, on any public right-of-way, council property or private property, without consent
of the owner.
This includes but is not limited to:
- landscaping cuttings.
Useful information to help us identify what the illegal disposal is and where it’s happening:
- Registration number of the offender's vehicle
- description of the offender's vehicle
- location, date and time
- description of the rubbish
- whether the rubbish is obstructing the road, causing danger to people, or contains hazardous material such as chemicals, oil or LPG
- description of the offender.