Are you interested in what the island will look like in 30 years?
News item information
Get involved to capture your community’s hopes and dreams for the future.
Share ideas about the future of your island:
- Dark Sky project Visitor levy review
- Governance review DOC – Predator free
- Roads SIESA
- Venture Southland Community, economic development and tourism
- Drop in at the Pavilion 9 November 4pm to 7pm
- Community fete on 10 November at the Community Centre 10am to 4pm
Why we’re doing this
This is an opportunity for everyone to come together and develop a long-term plan for Stewart Island/Rakiura. Ideas for the cultural, economic, environmental and social benefit of the Island are welcome.
You’ll have lots of opportunities to have your say and get involved. Come on Stewart Island, let’s start this conversation.
Now it’s the community’s turn to have your say.
- Drop in at the pavilion 9 November 4pm to 7pm or Community Fete on 10 November at the Community Centre 10am to 4pm
- Take part in the Community Survey that will be circulated mid-November
- Attend two workshops – one on 29 November at 7.30pm (venue TBA) to gather your thoughts and ideas and another in February to bring together everything we’ve heard and agree on priorities
- Pop your ideas in one of the suggestion boxes on the Island from late November
- A visitor survey will be done over the summer
Download our poster anf flier by clicking the links below: