Public notice: How do you see your community's future - Meeting dates
News item information
How do you see your community’s future?
The future of your community is in your hands. Help shape the direction it takes.
What’s important to you? What do you want to achieve as a community?
Come to a meeting in your community to help create a strategy for your whole community.
This is an opportunity for you to help to define the priorities that will make your place a better place to live, work and play. Your community’s aspirations will be reflected in one of nine community board plans across the district with outcomes specific to each board area. Each community board will work with Council and the community to deliver these plans.
The community board plans you help to develop will connect your community with Southland District Council, and vice versa, and will play a part in linking our townships together to reflect our new community governance structure.
They will reflect Council’s vision: Southland – one community offering endless opportunities.
Council wants to work alongside the community to create a framework for the future. We want to help you set your own priorities and chart your own course.
We’d like you to play a part in this exciting journey. Meetings will be held on the following dates:
- Riversdale – 26 August, Riversdale Community Centre 6.30pm
- Lumsden – 27 August, Lumsden Memorial Hall 6.30pm
- Winton – 2 September, Salvation Army Auditorium 6.30pm
- Edendale – 3 September, Edendale Presbyterian Church 6.30pm
- Otautau – 9 September, Otautau Sports Complex 6.30pm
- Riverton – 10 September, Riverton RSA 6.30pm
- Tuatapere – 16 September, Waiau T&C Club, 6.30pm
- Te Anau – 17 September, Distinction Hotel (Lakefront) 6.30pm
Refreshments will be available.
If you can’t attend one of the workshops but still want to have your say on your community’s future, please take the time to complete this quick survey: www.surveymonkey.com/r/SDC-haveyoursay (external link)
Get involved, have your say about the future of your place. Please make your voice heard when we come to visit.