Public notice: Wyndale transfer station change of operating hours
News item information
The Wyndale Transfer Station has new operating hours. They are:
Closed on Monday and Tuesday
- Wednesday, 3pm to 5pm, 1 April to 30 September, and 4pm to 6pm 1 October to 31 March.
- Thursday, 6pm to 7pm, 1 October to 31 March
- Friday, 3pm to 5pm, 1 April to 30 September, and 4pm to 6pm, 1 October to 31 March.
- Saturday and Sunday 1.30pm to 5pm
These will start 1 December 2017.
Customers will be met by the attendant, who will accept payment (where applicable) and direct customers where to dispose of their materials. Payment is by eftpos or token. Credit cards are not accepted. Please note this site does not have cash-handling facilities.
- Household rubbish
- Reusable items - there is a "second-chance" shed on site where second hand goods can be left for others to use
- Garden waste
- Scrap metal
- Hazardous waste (limited storage capacity)
Materials not accepted
- Loads over 3 tonnes gross weight will not be accepted without prior written approval from Southland District Council.
- Liquid waste
Where do I to purchase tokens?
Tokens can be purchased from the following businesses:
- Southland District Council Invercargill Office, 15 Forth Street, Invercargill
- Lees Dairy and Takeaway, 29 Balaclava Street, Wyndham
- Edendale Dairy and Takeaway, 31 Seaward Road, Edendale
The station is closed on the following public holidays - Good Friday, Easter Sunday, New Year's Day and ANZAC morning.
The transfer station is located at 190 Edendale Wyndham Highway, Edendale.