Community Service Awards
The purpose of Southland District Council’s community service awards is for community boards to recognise individuals and groups who have provided significant and outstanding contribution to their community board area through leadership, volunteering, or community service.
- Any person or group residing within the Southland District, who by their significant and outstanding contribution to their community board area through leadership, volunteering, or community service, is eligible to be nominated for a community service award.
- The definition of ‘significant and outstanding contribution’ focuses on the quality of service and does not preclude individuals on age or length of service.
- Nominees contribution to the community may be in the education, youth, health, sport, heritage, art, culture, environment, social wellbeing, or similar sectors.
- Joint awards (i.e. partners & groups) are acceptable and can be considered as one nomination.
- There will be one nomination round per year closing 30 September (special exceptions may apply in extraordinary circumstances).
- Members of the community can nominate individuals by submitting the prescribed application form to Southland District Council before 30 September.
- Late nominations will not be accepted and will be deferred to the next nomination round.