Independant Qualified Person(s)

Building owners are required to engage Independently Qualified Person(s). These are people who are qualified and trained on the specified systems and who will undertake the inspection, maintenance and reporting procedures listed on the compliance schedule and issue the report to the territorial authority on what is known as a Form 12A.

Email us:

Lodge a building consent online through Simpli


How do I know if my IQP is registered?
Timaru District Council’s website holds the register for all registered IQPs in the South Island. (external link)