Making a Complaint

This page aims to provide all the information you need to make a formal Building Consent Authority complaint. 

The Complaints Policy document [PDF, 185 KB] explains in detail how the process works. 

You have to make your complaint in writing. You can send it to us by email, using our online complaints form (external link) , by posting it to PO Box 903, 15 Forth Street, Invercargill 9840, or by dropping it off at one of our area offices.   

Before making a complaint, take a few moments to identify the issue you want to complain about, and what you think should be done to fix it. Be clear, and keep focused on the main issues. You can call us on 0800 732 732 if you need further advice or guidance.

We appreciate your feedback and see it as an opportunity to learn and improve our services.