1. Applications need to be submitted by one of the current owners as listed on the rates invoice.
2. Applications must be received by our on-line registration form.
3. One invoice per property will be issued.
4. The emailing of the rates invoice will be activated for the next available instalment.
5. Southland District Council cannot accept responsibility for rates invoices that cannot be delivered
because of an invalid email.
6. If the email is unable to be sent, a hard copy will be mailed to the last known postal address.
7. Defaulting of the email will result in the authorisation being cancelled.
8. Please advise of any change/cancellation of email address. It is your responsibility to keep the
electronic address current.
9. Email authorisation may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of the Council.
10. This authorisation covers rates invoices, penalty notices and insertions only. Please continue to
keep your current postal address updated with this office.
11. You acknowledge that nothing in these terms affects your liability as a ratepayer to pay rates and
penalties under the Local Government Rating Act (2002).
12. Information in this form is collated and used to send your Rates Assessment and Tax Invoice.
Southland District Council may use and disclose this information in accordance with the provisions
of the LGRA (2002).