Te Anau wastewater upgrade
Southland District Council is developing a business case for the consented Kepler treated wastewater scheme. However Council also agreed to give landowners opportunity to offer potential alterntive sites, subject to meeting these criteria.Potential properties may then be subject to a detailed assessment of both site conditions and planning issues.
If you believe you have land that meets these criteria and want to talk to Council about this, please send details of the land and your name and contact phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will contact you. Your information will be treated confidentially.
Criteria for land for treated wastewater disposal
To be considered, any potential site will need to meet the following criteria.
For slow rate irrigation
For rapid infiltration irrigation
|Site assessment and topography
||Site assessment and topography
|Separation from groundwater
||Separation from groundwater
|Separation from surface water
||Separation from surface wate
Download the Criteria for land for treated wastewater disposal [PDF, 412 KB] document.
You can download the business case report and relevant attachments by clicking on the document links below.
- Report Business Case - Te Anau Wastewater Discharge Method - Kepler Block [PDF, 593 KB]
- Te Anau Wastewater Business Case - September 2018 [PDF, 3.7 MB]
- SDI Basis of Design - Te Anau Wastewater Scheme [PDF, 8.3 MB]
- Aqualinc Memo - Te Anau WWT Irrigation – Storage Requirements and Frequency [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Avisure - Irrigation Te Anau Bird Strike Assessment [PDF, 5.3 MB]
- Legal Advice - Kepler and Upukerora Consents for Te Anau Wastewater Treatment Plant [PDF, 293 KB]