- You can camp at two sites in Otautau:
- at the site shaded blue in the map above, in a certified self-contained vehicle only, for no more than 4 days in any 30 day period
- at the site shaded green in the Otautau Arboretum, for no more than 4 days in any 30 day period
- no one can camp in the area shaded red on the Otautau Arboretum map
- camping in tents, cars, and vehicles or caravans that are not certified self-contained is not allowed in the areas shaded orange, or blue
- dogs must be on a leash in the freedom camping area.
What is a certified self-contained vehicle?
A certified self-contained vehicle has its own water supply, sink and toilet, waste tank, and refuse container.
A current self-contained warrant must be displayed in the window.