Apply for roading corridor access (CAR’s) and approval of traffic management plans (TMPs).

You will need to make a corridor access request (CAR) if you are (but not limited to):

  • digging, drilling, resurfacing, or doing any other activity that will alter or cause the surface of the road corridor to be altered
  • placing any pipe, duct, pole, cabinet or other structure below, on or above the road corridor
  • installing a new stormwater drain that leads into the road corridor
  • holding one-off/annual events such as parades, sanctioned sporting events and stock droving


We process corridor access requests (CARs) and approve traffic management plans through MyWoksite.

MyWorksites is a cloud application that Council uses to process CARs and TMPs.  MyWorksites captures better information on the impact and status of roadworks, making it easier to manage our network.

  1. Create an account at
  2. Create a project and submit your worksite application
  3. Your request will be confirmed via email and you will be given a unique job number - use this number in all communication
  4. You are also required to attach/include a traffic management plan.

Support and FAQs can also be found on MyWorksites by visiting

You may access the road corridor once your application has been approved and you have a copy of the works access permit along with the terms and conditions on the permit. Applying is not authority to start work.

The application must be submitted with the following minimum period before work intends to start, unless otherwise agreed:

  • 5 working days for minor works
  • 15 working days for major works or project works

Please Note: Traffic management plans approval may take longer that the above timelines due to the complexity of the site so make allowance in the dates for this.

Once your application has been approved and you have a copy of your works access permit (WAP) and the terms and conditions, you may access the roading corridor.

Please Note: You will need to activate the work by clicking on the ‘Start Work’ button within MyWorksite the day you are established on site (this only shows up when approval has been given).

When you have completed the work and made appropriate reinstatement, log in to log in to MyWorksites and change the status of the job to “work completion notified”, submit the required documents as per Section 4.7.1 of The National Code of Practice for Utility Operators' Access to Transport Corridors.

The Council will then carry out an inspection to certify the work is up to standard.

Completed work is put on a 2-year warranty period. If it fails (or the reinstatement is not up to standard), you are liable to correct it.

The National Code of Practice for Utility Operators' Access to Transport Corridors defines the set of standards for working in the road and the corridor access request (CAR) processes.

The Code is mandatory under the Utilities Access Act 2010 and applies to all works carried out in the road corridor, whether the work is for or by a utility, local government, commercial organisation or private individual(s).