Do you need to register your business?

Offensive trades include rubbish collecting, dag crushing, tanning, wool scouring and the slaughtering of animals for any purpose other than human consumption.

Offensive trade businesses may need to be registered with Council. Registration needs to be renewed each year. Council will automatically send you a form to do so before it expires. You need to fill it out and ensure all details are correct before returning it.

Payment options and where to send your renewal forms will be included.

If you are starting a new business which falls under the offensive trade category you will need to contact Council. Tell us online or call 0800 732 732.

Get in touch with us online